- Fixed Fee Pricing
- Financial Planning
- Employer Plans
- About Clarity
Employer Retirement Plans
Low Cost Employer Plans
Do you know how to make a good plan great? We do.
As plan fiduciaries, we know what makes a good plan great and it has a lot to do with keeping overall plan costs to a minimum. Unfortunately, the majority of plans out there are still paying excessive plan fees. In some cases, the fees are so high it's almost criminal. High plan fees combined with high-cost investment options (some with 12b-1 fees) can force employees to work longer because the fees take such a significant portion of their investment returns over time. We doubt this was the intention of the employer when the plan was initially established.
We get it. Inertia sets in, there are more important projects to be tackled, and let's face it searching for and finding a new plan provider is extremely time-consuming. So a plan may go many years without a fresh set of eyes looking for opportunities to cut costs. We are that fresh set of eyes and we want you to have a better plan for your employees.
The right plan at a reasonable cost. Request a Plan Quote!
There is no need to waste your time making endless calls searching for a new low-cost plan provider when we already have our provider partnerships in place. Simply request a quote for your plan using our Retirement Plan Quote button on the right. We will contact you for a brief introduction and ask you a few questions regarding your existing plan.
Based on our conversation and the parameters of your plan, we will search through our many low-cost, industry leading retirement plan providers and provide you with fully transparent, competitively priced plan quotes, including our fiduciary plan advisor fees, which are always based on a flat-fee or a flat per participant fee. Normal turnaround time for a quote is two business days.
We are Plan Fiduciaries Who Help Employers Across the Country
Clarity Capital Advisors is an independent, fee-only registered investment advisor (RIA) firm legally bound by the fiduciary standard of care. We are held to the highest standard of responsibility to our plan sponsors and their employees as an ERISA 3(21) Advisor or a 3(38) Manager.
Employers are no longer limited to the high-cost plan advisors and providers based in their state. We are happy to travel to your location to meet with you and your employees one-on-one every year, in addition to our ongoing phone and email support.
Our Partners are Low-Cost Retirement Plan Leaders
Rather than working with one plan provider, we work with many who we believe are the best of the best. When it comes to selecting a retirement plan provider, costs, services provided, reputation and expertise are all very important. We believe our providers offer competitively priced plans with exceptional service and many years of experience in this market.
These are some of the plan providers we work with and each is unique in their offering. We bring our knowledge and expertise of each provider's platform to quickly eliminate those who do not meet the criteria for your plan. Take a moment to request a free quote for your retirement plan using the Retirement Plan Quote button to the right.
Features of the Clarity 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plans
- Institutional and Admiral share classes for the best pricing. These are low-cost, broadly diversified index mutual fund options for retirement plans. No 12b-1 revenue sharing funds. No hidden fees.
- Fixed-fee pricing makes it easy to provide full disclosure of all fees and charges associated with your plan
- Low-cost investment options from Vanguard and Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Quarterly benchmarking report and plan analysis
- Robust online interface for plan sponsors and a dedicated employee website with retirement planning tools
- Semi-annual or annual 401(k) Days at your location for employees. We will meet with employees one-on-one to answer questions and discuss their retirement planning and investing needs.
- Do you have an existing relationship with a third party administrator? Our plan providers are able to partner with many third party administrators.
Smart Investment Options for your Employees
Low-Cost Target Date Funds from Vanguard and Dimensional Fund Advisors - Built on the principles of high diversification and low costs, these funds automatically adjust their risk level based on the number of years remaining to the targeted retirement date.
Low-Cost, Highly Diversified Model Portfolios - Our model portfolios range from conservative to aggressive allocations and are designed to capture the returns of broad market indexes offered across the global financial markets using the Dimensional Fund Advisors mutual funds. No 12b-1 fees or revenue-sharing mutual funds.
Build Your Own Portfolio - Employees may choose from a wide selection of low-cost funds from Vanguard and Dimensional Fund Advisors.
Participant Self-Directed Brokerage Accounts from TD Ameritrade Institutional
Questions to ask a potential Retirement Plan Advisor:
1. What are the total costs associated with the plan? Recordkeeping costs, third party administrator fees, custodian fees, plan (financial) advisor fees, mutual fund expense ratios and the weighted expense ratios of the model portfolios. Have the advisor list all of these fees in a simple to read and understand format. If you are unsure how to calculate a basis point fee based on plan assets, ask the advisor to calculate the fee into dollars. This is important to have in writing!
2. How are plan fees paid? Are plan fees fixed and reviewed each year? Are you using expensive mutual funds with 12b-1 fees to offset plan expenses, when a lower cost share class for the same fund is available? If so, why?
3. How is the plan advisor paid? Is it based on a percentage of the assets in the plan or on a flat per participant basis? Do not pay an advisor based on a percentage of your plan's assets!
4. What type of retirement planning education will you provide to our employees beyond the typical group meeting?